(Effective: January 26, 2017)
1. What is this document?
3. About Us.
4. What Is Personal Information?
“Personal information” is information that can both identify and be associated with a particular person, whether that person is a patient, doctor, company owner, or employee authorized to use the Sites or Service on its behalf. For the purposes of this document, personal information also includes “protected health information” (or PHI), which is defined as health data created, received, stored, or transmitted in any form or medium (electronic, oral, or paper) by HIPAA-covered entities and their business associates in relation to the provision of healthcare, healthcare operations and payment for healthcare services by a covered entity or its business associates. Personal information does not include information that is anonymous or aggregated. It also does not include information that cannot be associated with or be used to identify a particular person.
5. Personal Information Abroad.
Information we process may be transferred to, stored, and processed in, the United States or any other country in which Huber Software Solutions or its affiliates, subsidiaries, or service providers maintain operations. By using and providing personal information to us through the Sites or Service, the company you represent agrees and consents to the transfer, storage, and processing of personal information to any such country in order to provide the Sites and Service.
6. Your Ability to Contract with Us.
Our Sites and Services are not intended for use by children under the age of 13 or if you are not of a legal age to form a binding contract with us. We do not knowingly collect personal information from these individuals. If you use the Sites or Services, you hereby represent and warrant that you are at least 13 years of age. In compliance with the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act, any personal information we receive from users we believe to be under the age of 13 will be purged from our database.
7. How Do We Collect Information?
We collect information from you in several different ways:
- directly from you when you provide it to us;
- automatically as you navigate through the Sites.
If you are browsing the Sites without registering an account or affirmatively providing personal information to us, you do so anonymously.
8. What Information Do We Collect?
Our Sites have the ability to collect two types of information from and about you, your company and your company’s patients: (1) information that you provide that may be used to personally and specifically identify or contact someone, or personal information; and (2) information that does not personally identify someone, or non-personal information. In addition to the patient health information that you may provide, we may collect the following categories of personal information through the Sites, including but not limited to:
- Registration information. When you register for a Service, you will be asked for basic registration information, such as practice name, email address and password.
- Identification information. You may also be asked to provide identification information to confirm your identity as a registered user, including your first name, last name and phone number.
- Contests and surveys. From time to time, you may be offered an opportunity to participate in a survey or promotion. We may collect or you may submit information in connection with one of these promotions.
- Technical and navigational information. We collect information about your interaction with our Sites such as computer browser type, pages visited, average time spent on our Sites, IP address, unique identifier of the device, operating system version and app version.
- Location information. We may collect location information from you, in order to improve your experience when using the Service.
- Other information. We may request or receive other personal information such as feedback, questions, comments, suggestions, or ideas to provide you with other benefits or to improve upon the Service. In such instances, you will be given the opportunity to provide or decline that information.
We may collect the following categories of non-personal information about you through the Sites, including, but not limited to:
- your IP address, GPS coordinates, or other unique identifiers that are automatically assigned to your computer, mobile or other device used to access the Sites;
- the type of browser you are using (e.g., Internet Explorer®, Firefox®, Safari®, etc.);
- the website from which your visit originated or the operating system you are using (e.g., Chrome®, Windows XP®, Mac OS®, etc.);
- the domain name of your Internet service provider (e.g., Charter®, AT&T®, etc.); and
- the specific areas within our Sites that you visit; and the time of day and duration of your visits.
Non-personal information collected by us (such as patterns of utilization) is exclusively owned by us and may be used as we see fit in accordance with applicable law.
9. How We Don’t Use the Personal Information We Collect.
We will not, without permission, sell, publish or share personal information.
10. How We Use the Information We Collect.
We use the information you enter into our Sites to produce results you ask for, like patient payment option comparisons, patient financial contracts, and more. Here are some examples of how we might use personal information:
- to provide you with products and services and respond to any inquiries you may have about the Services;
- to share personal information with third parties in order to provide products and services you requested through the Services;
- to share personal information you selected with third parties you have authorized for the period of time you have indicated;
- to share personal information with other third parties who are affiliated, transacting or working with, or otherwise providing services on behalf of one of the parties you have authorized to receive your information;
- to analyze Sites usage and improve the Services provided through the Sites;
- to alert you to software compatibility issues and to improve our web design and functionality and detect and protect against errors, fraud, or other criminal activity;
- to deliver to you any administrative notices or alerts and communications relevant to your use of the Services;
- to offer you other products, programs, or services that we believe may be of interest to you;
- to perform market research, project planning, product development, troubleshooting problems, analysis of user behavior, marketing and promotions;
- to pre-fill form fields on the Sites for your convenience;
- to verify your identity;
- in anticipation of and otherwise in connection with a merger or sale of substantially all of our assets, or corporate reorganization under terms of security and confidentiality customary for such a transaction.
11. Personal Information Provided to and Accessed by Third Parties and Their Use.
Third parties you have authorized can receive personal information in our possession (“Authorized Third Parties”). An Authorized Third Party may only access the information we possess as long as they remain in good standing with us and as long as you have authorized them to.
Our Services allow you to provide, and grant access to, your and your patients' personal information to third parties, such as our electronic signature provider, other providers of services and products that you may be interested in, and family members that you authorize to receive such information (“Authorized Third Parties”). Authorized Third Parties can receive your or your patients' personal information in two ways. First, using our Services, you can select what information you want us to provide to an Authorized Third Party. Second, you can grant Authorized Third Parties direct access to some personal information we possess through actions you perform within the Services. All the information we provide to an Authorized Third Party or that an Authorized Third Party directly accesses from us will be in their possession and generally becomes part of their “file” on you or your patient. While we control the provision of and access to your and your patients' personal information we possess, we do not control how an Authorized Third Party uses your personal information once in their possession. Your and your patients' personal information in the possession of an Authorized Third Party, and their use of that information including how long such information is retained, will be governed by the privacy policies and other applicable policies of that Authorized Third Party.
In addition, an Authorized Third Party is typically permitted to share personal information (such as an e-sign document) with other third parties, such as third parties who are affiliated, transacting or working with, or otherwise providing services on behalf of a Third Party Partner (“Other Third Parties”).
12. How We Disclose Information We Collect.
– For the Services. In addition to disclosures of your information that may occur as part of your use described above, we may disclose personal information to our parent, subsidiary, third parties and other related companies, including, but not limited to, our partners, vendors, consultants and professional advisors, trusted affiliates, independent contractors and business partners who will use the information only as necessary for them to perform or provide the Services and for the specific purposes for which the information was collected. For example, if we utilize an electronic signature vendor and you choose to have patients electronically sign the document(s) generated by our Site through our Site, your company's and patient's email addresses and names may be provided to that vendor.
– As legally required. We reserve the right, in our sole discretion, to share or disclose personal information with law enforcement, government officials, and other third parties:
- to respond to subpoenas, court orders, or legal process;
- in order to investigate, prevent, defend against, or take other action regarding violations of our Terms of Service, illegal activities, suspected fraud, or situations involving potential threats to the legal rights or physical safety of any person or the security of our network, Sites or Services;
- to respond to claims that any posting or other content violates the rights of third parties;
- in an emergency, to protect the health and safety of our Sites’ users or the general public; or
- as otherwise required or allowed by any applicable law.
Additionally, we may share or make available anonymous or aggregate information that cannot be used to identify you individually with:
- third parties for their research, product offerings, marketing and promotional purposes and those third parties may publicly report the findings of their research or analysis;
- organizations that conduct research into consumer spending and other financial habits; and
- users of the Service for purposes of comparison of their company, authorized users and/or patients relative to the broader community.
13. How We Protect Information We Collect.
We take the security of your information seriously. We use technical and administrative security measures, such as but not limited to, firewalls, encryption techniques, and authentication procedures, among others, to maintain the security of your online session, the information we store, and the information we share with others.
You should be aware that your information is transmitted across the Internet and that no method of transmission over the Internet is 100% secure. You also need to take appropriate steps to protect your information. Your information may be accessed and viewed by other Internet users, without your knowledge and permission, while in transit to or from us. Please be advised that we cannot and do not ensure, represent, guarantee or warrant the security of any information you disclose or transmit to us online and are not responsible for the theft, destruction, or inadvertent disclosure of your personal information.
14. Third Party Offers & Advertisements.
We may offer a number of separate products and services offered by third parties advertised to you on our Sites and through the Service. These third party offers may be complementary to your use of the Sites and may be personalized based on information you provide to us, we have collected about you, queries made through the Sites, or other information.
15. Data Collection.
16. How We Use Technology.
- Log Files On Our Site. The information inside the log files includes internet protocol (“IP”) addresses, type of browser, Internet Service Provider (ISP), date/time stamp, referring/exit pages, clicked pages and any other information your browser may send to us.
our Site easy and meaningful. When you visit our Site, our servers
may send a cookie to your computer. Standing alone, cookies do not
personally identify you; they merely recognize your web browser.
Unless you choose to identify yourself to us, either by responding
to a promotional offer, opening an account, or filling out a web
form, you remain anonymous to us.
The following outlines how we may use different categories of cookies and your options for managing cookie settings:
- Other Tracking Technologies. When you visit our Site, we may collect your IP address for certain purposes such as, for example, to monitor the regions from which you navigate our Site. We may also use web beacons alone or in conjunction with cookies to compile information about your usage of our Site and interaction with emails from us. Web beacons are clear electronic images that can recognize certain types of information on your computer, such as cookies, when you viewed a particular site tied to the web beacon. For example, we may place web beacons in marketing emails that notify us when you click on a link in the email that directs you to our Site. We may use web beacons to operate and improve our Site and email communications.
– Do Not Track notices. Without an industry or legal standard of interpreting Do Not Track Signals (“DNT”) sent to us by your browser, we do not respond to DNT signals at this time. To learn more about how DNT works, please visit http://allaboutdnt.com/.
17. Links to Third Party Sites.
Our Site may contain links to third-party websites and services that are not owned or controlled by us. We are not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of third party websites, services, and advertisements, and you visit them at your own risk.
18. Personal Information you Disclose Relating to Others.
19. Your California Privacy Rights.
California Civil Code Section 1798.83 permits users that are residents of California to request certain information regarding our disclosures of personally identifiable information to third parties for such third parties’ direct marketing purposes. If you are a California resident and would like to make such a request, please email us at email@example.com or call us at (708) 586-7846.
20. Your Rights.
If you have an account on our Site, to the extent we are legally required, we provide the ability to access, edit or delete your personal information at any time.
If you would like to access, amend or erase personal information collected via our Site, you may submit a request to: firstname.lastname@example.org
We will promptly review all such requests in accordance with applicable laws. In the event you remove your personal information from the Site, you may not be able to receive all Services provided thereunder or receive benefits from third parties that you previously provided access to this information.
21. Opting Out.
We may send periodic Sites related alerts, weekly summaries, notifications, newsletters, promotions, or other information via email. You may choose to stop receiving alerts, notifications, summaries, newsletters and promotions by indicating your preference in your account profile or settings. You may also follow the unsubscribe instructions in the email you receive. Please note that certain Services-related messages that we send are necessary for the proper functioning and use of the Services and you may not have the ability to opt-out of those messages.
22. Retention of Personal Information.
We reserve the right to retain any personal information as long as the personal information is needed to:
- comply with applicable law;
- fulfill the purposes as set forth in Section 10;
- trouble shoot and repair errors; and
- detect security incidents and protect against fraud.
23. Have Questions?
Huber Software Solutions, LLC